Thursday, January 6, 2011

My Understanding of Equality

I see no difference in race. I don't look at you for the color of your skin, your tongue, background, culture, customs, religion, or lack thereof. I am a self-proclaimed egalitarian, as Jesus was. I respect everyone with the intrinsic dignity that they all well deserve.

We truly all are people, united in our humanity and our human condition and especially cemented by our distinctly human struggles for which animals could never have a similar experience.

Certainly we have squabbles, failures, missteps, stumbling blocks, and may perform acts of swindling, cheating, and vengeance typical of our fierce humanity.

I love humanity for all that it is intrinsically good, and for all the bad we contribute to it. I will love you similarly.

No comments: