Sunday, March 23, 2014

Loser Love Diaries 5

I think I've led my life single for a multitude of reasons. One of which I think about less than I probably should is how particular my taste in women is, which has procluded me from a selection of women I could otherwise have relationships with if I wanted to. But I don't. 

If you've ever seen the movie the Ugly Truth, starring Katherine Heigl, I too have a list as to my ideal partner or what gets me going. Although I've never committed it to paper, or in this case, not paper. Until now. 

My ideal girl would be/have the following:

- extremely talkative
- funny
- humble
- non-smoker/non-drug-user
- open-minded (perhaps like me, weird) 
- energetic
- adventurous 
- preferably speaks German as a native speaker
- athletic 
- blonde or some variety of light brown (but ZOMG dirty blonde girls get my attention every time) 
- eye color is indifferent
- religion is indifferent
- political views are indifferent 
- intelligent 
- must be very considerate (hard to find in girls as far as I can tell)
- genuine/non-superficial (at all times)
- brutally honest (again, all the time) 
- outgoing 
- non-self-conscious/unabashed 
- social drinker
- likes to dance 
- hard-working
- confident 
- I can cook and clean, so whatevs in that department 

Maybe I just made up this ideal girl, or maybe my ideals aren't too far off from those of the average guy -- or who knows, I may meet this girl tomorrow. Bah, who am I kidding? I thought I was supposed to be skeptical (if not, outright depressed) about any possibility of a relationship? 

At least now you can't tell me I don't know what I want in a girl, because, well, I do. 

I have met some fairly hot girls in my time, let me tell you boy. But the second I noticed any degree of narcissism I became immediately un-attracted to said girl. 

Or I've even met some girls, who while they were attractive, (and I had some incling that they were attracted to me) were so shy I had to steer the entire conversation -- which isn't a problem as a journalism major who prides himself as "one of the most curious people you may ever meet." However, shy girls can be exhausting because the conversation flows like a Q-and-A session rather than a two-way street, full of listening, comprehension and then response and later tangents. This is why a talkative girl is a must. And luckily, isn't too hard to come by. Which I think explains why I like spending time with girls rather than guys as instead of one-word responses, one can often expect something with some thought given to it from a girl. 

No comments: